Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Box

If someone randomly came up to me and asked if I wanted to make my life happy and perfect, I would actually choose to go in.

Why?  Well what's bad about being not happy?  To me, being happy is being showered with love, money, yoyos and some friends.  What is really bad about that?  Being happy means having good friends, some love and support, and everything you ever wanted.  What can be better than that?  I can't find anything bad about walking into a "happy box".

Sorry for not blogging the last few days and making this post so short... life was pretty hectic.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if you quite understand the full implications of the happy box. So in the happy box, you're just standing there, in the box, for the rest of your life. You're in an artificially induced state of euphoria. You would never see your friends or family again. You would never hold a yoyo again. You would never read a book or watch tv or taste good food again.

    You would just stand there, dopamine receptors firing away for the rest of your life. Utterly content. Is that really what you want?

    If you still say yes, than I ask you: what is the difference between that and the concept of "soma" in Brave New World?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I agree with Hans on this one :)

    ReplyDelete