Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sentence Flow

1.  I like to give stuff away only when I can receive tax deductions.
2.  The turtle lives in the sea, but makes its home on land.
3.  Actually, a basic part of cooking is making sure you have the ingredients you need.
4.  A mistake some swimmers make to forget to kick.
5.  My favorite subject is math, because it exemplifies beauty.
6.  A boy on the playground pushed me, so I pushed him back.  He did not do anything, so I pushed him back which, surprisingly, made him cry.
7.  She is like a bird that can't survive in the cage she lives in.
8.  My existence is the source of my mom's stress.  We are now working on controlling her stress.
9.  He lived his normal life for three more days until his curiosity finally overcame him.
10.  As is.
11.  The man is not the suspect of his wife's death anymore, the moose is.
12.  If your mattress hasn't been cleaned, it probably has bed bugs.
13.  The problem with night shows is the lack of variety.

2 comments:

  1. 1) I only give stuff away when I can receive tax deductions.
    2) The sea turtle makes its home on land.
    3) A fundamental part of cooking making sure you have the ingredients you need.
    4) Many beginning swimmers forget to kick while in the water.
    5) My favorite subject is math, because it is beautiful.
    6) A boy on the playground pushed me, so I pushed him back. He didn't do anything, but I was still angry, so I pushed him again. I was surprised when he suddenly burst into tears.
    7) She is like a bird that can't survive outside its protective cage.
    8) My mere existence causes my mom to stress, but we are now working on alleviating that effect.
    9) He went about his everyday life for three more days _before_ his curiosity finally overcame him.
    10) You can now sign up for swimming lessons online. (The original sentence made it sound like the swimming lessons themselves were taking place online)
    11) The man isn't the suspect of his wife's death anymore; the moose is. (You separate two independent clauses with a semicolon ";" not a comma ",")
    12) Yep yep.
    13) The problem with night shows is _their_ lack of variety.


    Good job! Looking forward to your usual daily post as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, for tomorrow then: Two full paragraphs on a book you've read. Write a review.

    To give you examples of reviews other people have written about books you've read: http://www.tor.com/blogs/2010/07/hugo-nominee-for-best-novel-the-windup-girl-by-paolo-bacigalupi#more

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/books/review/Agger-t.html

    Seriously - read them! I will quiz you on the reviews next time, so you better have read and fully understood them =)


    Hope you're enjoying summer,
    Hans

    ReplyDelete